new Passport article

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum new Passport article

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    davidd

Scott

great article on the passport proposal

I said this many years ago it was just a matter of time that passports will attached to IRS and other agencies

I have 7 years left on my U.S. passport as I am eligible for a costa rican citizenship. I will have this before the next renewal.

BTW did you know that getting residency NOW [b]requires[/b] Americans to also register with the embassy.

hmmm ..

watchdog

You are required to register with your home country Embassy when applying for Residency in CR, regardless of your nationality.

davidd

[quote=”watchdog”]You are required to register with your home country Embassy when applying for Residency in CR, regardless of your nationality.[/quote]

yes that is true

BUT this has not always been the case.

maybe in the last few years.

aguirrewar

you are required to let the Embassy know when you visit a foreign country for an extended time, just in case you want to go home when the AK-47’s open up

or you get arrested

or you get pretty sick

or notify your next of kin that you are DEAD

camby

[quote=”aguirrewar”]you are required to let the Embassy know when you visit a foreign country for an extended time, just in case you want to go home when the AK-47’s open up

or you get arrested

or you get pretty sick

or notify your next of kin that you are DEAD[/quote]

True, we notify the State Dept in case of emergency, in other country or personal…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.