Nicaragua Railroad

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Nicaragua Railroad

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Roark

That is not an answer to the question of oil in Iraq

*Lotus

Wow Diego that’s a lot to think about…Great analysis on the war, I can’t really relate to the homophobia; common theme in some of your threads (some people are just born that way?)and I’m not a metro-sexual-lol. Roark this is not about Terrorism in Iraq anymore this is full scale tribal warfare, civil war and we are holding things together with gum and spit…we can’t stay there forever?

diego

Thanks Lotus,

“Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.”
    —Dwight D. Eisenhower, Farewell Address 17 January, 1961

I accept homosexuals but do not condone it. This types of decadency rots a nation and again most homosexuals are into it for the fad rather than physilogical reasons. David Bowie and Mick Jagger popularized the fad if you are old enough to remember.

So “just born that way” is true, but only to a limited extent. I see homosexuality also as a companionship issue. Without getting into it too much, a lot of it is based on TV perception of what a “relationship” is. These portrayals have led to unrealistic expectation from men and women, therefore much disatisfaction. Also the fact the women are more masculine now has emasculated many borderling strong males, making them unattractive to women as they continue to seek a hyper masculine male to balance their escalting masculinity(although they wont admit it). Femininity is out of style. Women say they like the sensitive types but after controlling them they desire the ones who are in charge – its phyisiological.

Also as people grow older their chemistry changes and women literally become more masculine and men more feminine. These are complex issues, but the portrayal of various relatioships in the media has conditioned many to belive they are normal. Thus destroying traditional values that many seek in Costa Rica.

Many men go to CR looking for a traditional women. Unambitious and submissive who will be happy staying home with the children. Unfortunately this is changing rapidly in CR too. Basically motherhood is seen as a second class occupation. Too bad for the kids.

The media is destroying motherhood and fatherhood too, but in a differnt way. Look at the rate of children born to umarried mothers.

I’ll be back home in CR for the summer, so will not be posting as much (I am sure some of you will be delighted about that).

*Lotus

Diego you love to open up the proverbial can of worms…lol! You should be hearing from Ms.M. shortly!!! I’m surprised you stayed out of the gun control thread, that said I would be very comfortable living next door to an armed Diego.

diego

I am armed to the teeth. Rottwilers too! I dont depend on the government to protect me. Never have, never will.

I’m officially on vacation so whoever miss M is will have to wait.

See you in CR sometimes. Lets have a beer and do manly stuff, you know berp and fart and leer at women – normal neandrathall night. Hey we can even rise above the 5 letter per word limit. but I may get confused…. errrrrrrrrrppp.

Roark

I disagree, and since you brought God into it,

“Woe unto those who call evil good and good evil.” Isaiah 5:20

I do enjoy the exchange though.

Roark

Your solution to the problem is incoherent at best and evil if you really mean it.

*Lotus

That would be Maravilla…have a great vacation and I love Rotties.

*Lotus

hmm…..which God which religion?

Roark

Come on, need I say it? The Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last. Jesus is Lord. and He loves you Lotus.

*Lotus

I love Him, but happen to be a Buddhist. But Roark lets not go down that road I was just kinda kidding around…

Roark

You are alright! And I’ll have you know with all this political discourse you have pushed me over the edge to finally read Howard Zinn.

*Lotus

That may really push you over the edge! I read it all and just try to use good old common sense.

maravilla

i’m in omaha installing a huge mural on the side of a bank building, and am waaaayy too exhausted to get into the mosh pit with you fellas. this is hell week for me, so i probably won’t add anymore fuel to the fires started by Don Diego or General Roark. As for Hollyweird, i’m definitely repulsed by the nicole, paris, lindsey stupid white, rich girl crowd that is now the role models for our young women. solider on, kids.

maravilla

i can’t wait to hear your comments about zinn’s book. it’s an eye-opener, if your eyes weren’t open before you read it.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.