Paragon Chairman William Gale says: “No, thank you. I will just pee in my pants, I am used to it.”

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Paragon Chairman William Gale says: “No, thank you. I will just pee in my pants, I am used to it.”

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    sally

Yet another serious complaint filed against Paragon Properties of Costa Rica S.A., William Gale and Esteban Soto

Does anyone know if these people are still selling land in Costa Rica?

sally

Yet another serious complaint filed by “betty and peter” against Paragon Properties

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/paragon-properties-c334621.html

Posted: 2010-04-27 by betty and peter
    costa rica scam

We too bought property in 2006, and were made promises that infrastructures would be in within a couple of years.
    In 2008 we actually went to the Paragon office in Hollywood FL and spoke with Bill Gale. He gave us a packet of plans for homes that could be built.

The last time we spoke with anyone was in Feb of 09. We went down in March of 09 and saw 3 model homes in Parrita. We went to MIramar where we bought and there was only a partial road!!!

Anyone know what is going on? We want our money back!!! I am filing a complaint with the attorney generals office in FL.

HELP!!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Paragon Properties of Costa Rica April 2010

Please see: [ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/Class_Action_Lawsuit_Filed_Against_Paragon_Properties_of_Costa_Rica_April_2010.cfm ]

Scott

sally

More negatives news for Paragon customers

Oginsky et al v. Paragon Properties of Costa Rica, LLC et al

Website URL: http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-flsdce/case_no-1:2010cv21720/case_id-358277/

Case Number: 1:2010cv21720
    Filed: May 26, 2010

Court: Florida Southern District Court
    Office: Miami Office

Nature of Suit: Other Statutes – Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations
    Cause: 18:1961 Racketeering (RICO) Act

Website URL: http://www.justnews.com/news/23687158/detail.html

Real Estate Company Sued Over ‘Paradise Lost’
    Plaintiffs Claim Company Took Thousands, Never Delivered Development

POSTED: Wednesday, May 26, 2010
    UPDATED: 10:19 am EDT May 27, 2010
    Paragon Properties
    HOLLYWOOD, Fla. — A Hollywood real estate company faces a class-action lawsuit brought by investors who claimed they were scammed.

Paragon Properties promised pristine property and upscale homes in Costa Rica to its customers, but years after the company took their money, buyers said they still have nothing to show for it.

The website of Paragon Properties of Costa Rica offers exciting lands of opportunity in Costa Rica at wholesale prices. The site lists Bill Gale as the company chairman.

“I thought this was going to be a great opportunity to have a little piece of paradise,” Lorraine Fox said.

Fox said the promise of a quality home on a big lot with a spectacular view convinced her to put down $100,000 in deposits for four lots in one of the fancy subdivisions Paragon told her it was going to build. They even flew her to Costa Rica four years ago to see where she would be spending her retirement.

“I’m devastated. I know that my dream of paradise is gone. I’m out all that money,” Fox said.

Records show that Paragon Properties of Costa Rica is facing several civil lawsuits from unhappy investors. The Better Business Bureau gives the company an F rating based on consumer complaints, and on Wednesday, a federal class-action lawsuit was filed on behalf of nine investors who called Paragon’s promises a Ponzi scheme.

“There are people who have lost their retirement savings,” Local 10’s Roger Lohse said to Gale.

“That’s not my fault. Excuse me,” Gale said.

Gale claimed his project fell victim to the slumping real estate market. He said all the deposit money was used to build roads and water systems, the infrastructure of the project, and that now, he cannot get a bank loan to finish the work.

“When it’s dead, when it’s finished, OK, call me what you want. Until I finish or until I die, one way or the other, we keep trying to get the findings,” Gale said.

But Fox is not buying Paragon’s line again. She is searching for an attorney in the hope that one day she will be able to recover some of what she calls “paradise lost.”

“I hope I do. I don’t want to sound negative. I hope I do, but I just feel like something went wrong a long time ago and this was never meant to be,” Fox said.

Gale said he has already refunded $16 million to unhappy investors and claimed the company has tried reach out to its 900 or so buyers to let them know about the financial problems.

Copyright 2010 by Post-Newsweek Stations. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Website URL: http://www.ripoffreport.com/offshore-scams/paragon-properties-o/paragon-properties-of-costa-ri-2e869.htm

Report: PARAGON PROPERTIES OF COSTA RICA

Reported By: Malcolm (Owings Mills Maryland)
    United States of America
    PARAGON PROPERTIES OF COSTA RICA Bill Gale, David Valentine, Charles Nuenstein Esq Scam Artisit & Slime Hollywood, Florida

PARAGON PROPERTIES OF COSTA RICA
    2035 Harding St
    Hollywood Florida 33020
    United States of America
    Phone: 954-922-7410
    Web Address: http://www.paracr.com

Category: offshore scams

Submitted: Sunday, May 30, 2010
    Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2010

I have read many reports about the outrageous conduct surrounding Paragon Properties of Costa Rica, but I had to come and see for myself. Since January of this year I started to become overly concerned with the lack of updates on the progress of construction in the community “Playa del Sol” where I put down my deposit of $35k. I contacted Paragon Properties and spoke several times to David Valentine who assured me that the worst was behind them and that they were moving forward with this project. I informed him that I would be going to Costa Rica in May to see the property for myself.

Again I informed him that I would be traveling there in which he stated he would be there in Costa Rica. I was scheduled to meet him to walk my property and to see what progress has been made over the past 3 1/2 years. When I called to confirm our meeting in May he was already gone and a message that the office would not re-open until June 1st, 2010. I was told by him previously that there Costa Rica Office was now located in one of the 3 Model homes that were originally built.

Well to my surprise when I got here to Costa Rica of May 27th I was not able to touch bases again with David Valentine. I rented a car and on Friday May 28th I drove out to Parrita where the Model homes were built. Oh and guess what – there was no office setup in any of the Models that were built. There were locals living in the properties with close lines strung across the grounds. The driveways were either falling apart or nothing at all had been done to them since their original construction.

The Paragon Property Signs were falling to pieces. In other words it looks like they completely pulled out and ran with our money. We need to seriously get together and collectively make them pay. Many of us have a lot of money invested in this project.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.