Paragon Chmn ‘When Land Scams Become Boom Towns’

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Paragon Chmn ‘When Land Scams Become Boom Towns’

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    rjadrnicek

There will always be somebody ready to take money from your pocket if you let them, past, present, future.

This discussion should start heading toward:
    1. What questions should be asked to evaluate a developer.
    2. What questions should be asked to evaluate a RE agent
    3. What things should be considered (check list) to determine if a property is worth investing, buildable, and will suit your needs.

I think it is the buyer’s responsibility to get informed and make good decisions. Scott, you could help (and often do) by providing the right check-list items. e.g. your book on investing in Costa Rica helped me start a check list. Thank you.

Bill Gale and Paragon are either going to offer you something better than in the past because of their experience, or their going to be able to take the shirt off your back and resell it. And very often it is probably going to be a matter of perception on your part. It is your responsibility to see the light. Do your homework.

Let’s all work together and stop blaming each other for what we are each ultimately responsible for.

My father bought a small parcel of land in the “Rotunda” in Florida for $5k in Lake Tahoe, CA and was given a bottle of champagne back in the 60’s I recently sold it for $8k and it is still unbuildable.

Good luck in your land search. Keep your eyes open.

Andrew
    Keymaster

This posting placed in the wrong place by Bill Gale and reportsed here by Scott Oliver

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Posted Jul 14,2006 8:14 AM william gale
    Once again in an attempt to keep my company in your game you have moved a post to your front page. Your type of journalism is very scary. My comment is attached to one mans article and taken out of context ONCE AGAIN.
    My 17 years of working and developing a cattle ranch into a city is someting to be VERY PROUD of.
    I’m very concerned that this type of continuous attack is going to bring us to a conclusion that will be very distasteful.
    Everyone including you have things in their background that are negative. I must admit that you are a very clever marketing person. You shade comments to suit your purpose.
    If this continues however, I am afraid that your background may get posted and many of your readers may get quite concerned about what they will read. As you so much like to say “These are simply going to be the facts” because you as the owner of this site have a “legal responsability” and can’t just post anything without regard to the outcome legally.
    I don’t like to resort to this but it is very clear you wish no other outcome. Like you, I have a tremendous obligation to those who have and will be purchasing my product and can not allow this type of activity to continue. You are already aware of this.

I sincerely hope that you will be as smart as you appear to be.

William Gale
    Chairman of the Board
    Paragon Properties of Costa Rica

Edited on Jul 14, 2006 08:18

William Gale

this post was not incorrectly placed.I was asking a question of Scott and in an attempt to bury it he moved it.

Andrew
    Keymaster

The following posts by Paragon Chairman Bill Gale placed in the wrong place and reposted here…

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

message Posted By Posted
    Scott william gale 12:24 PM Jul 14,2006
    ** I have been forced to monitor your forum to protect both my . . . william gale 12:24 PM Jul 14,2006

message Posted By
    Posted Jul 14,2006 12:24 PM william gale
    I have been forced to monitor your forum to protect both myself and my company. It is not something I enjoy. Be assurred of that.
    Your method of trying to distort the truth is certainly not new.

I am totally capable or responding to all of this activity.

I will state to you once again you reap what you sow.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

message Posted By Posted
    you are deleting my posts william gale 11:35 AM Jul 14,2006
    ** why are deleting my posts . . . william gale 11:35 AM Jul 14,2006
    ** It wasn’t deleted – it was moved to the Paragon thread . . . Scott 11:39 AM Jul 14,2006

message Posted By
    Posted Jul 14,2006 11:35 AM william gale
    why are deleting my posts

Reply Delete Edit
    message Posted By
    Posted Jul 14,2006 11:39 AM Scott
    It wasn’t deleted – it was moved to the Paragon thread

Keep to the same thread, you should know how to use it by now since you visit is about five times a day

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

message Posted By Posted
    read your own discussion forum index top of page william gale 9:51 AM Jul 14,2006
    ** The message I posted was a new topic …not to buried for y . . . william gale 9:51 AM Jul 14,2006
    ** Yes I believe it states that “make sure your topic has not a . . . Scott 11:43 AM Jul 14,2006
    ** I asked you a question . Why did you post this thread on you . . . william gale 12:33 PM Jul 14,2006

message Posted By
    Posted Jul 14,2006 9:51 AM william gale
    The message I posted was a new topic …not to buried for you convenience. I asked a very logical question and it required a logical respnse. If you follow your own proceedures that would be nice. Were that not the case why then the reprint on your home page?
    Maybe a logical respnse would be in order.

You are now attempting to surpress again.

message Posted By
    Posted Jul 14,2006 11:43 AM Scott
    Yes I believe it states that “make sure your topic has not already been discussed.” And your topic has been discussed ‘ad nauseum’ so it’s not “new”.

As the Chairman of Paragon Properties, most people would agree that your posts belong in the Paragon thread so we will keep your comments there.

You may want to remember that the more inane comments you post under new headings Mr. Gale, the more the search engines will find you

Scott Oliver
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Reply Delete Edit
    message Posted By
    Posted Jul 14,2006 12:33 PM william gale
    I asked you a question . Why did you post this thread on your Home page and distort my comments?

Are you capable of a response?

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

message Posted By Posted
    Scott Don’t move my message again william gale 9:33 AM Jul 14,2006
    ** If you want to hide ,just say so. Don’t move messages that . . . william gale 9:33 AM Jul 14,2006
    ** Do not tell me what to do on my website! “Feel free t . . . Scott 11:47 AM Jul 14,2006
    ** Please answer the question.I did not tell you what to do on . . . william gale 2:45 PM Jul 14,2006

message Posted By
    Posted Jul 14,2006 9:33 AM william gale
    If you want to hide ,just say so. Don’t move messages that may be negative to you.

Reply Delete Edit
    message Posted By
    Posted Jul 14,2006 11:47 AM Scott
    Do not tell me what to do on my website!

“Feel free to post your messages on any subject AFTER searching to make sure your topic has not already been discussed. But be nice, no profanity and no name calling. Commercial posts are not allowed and will be deleted. Gracias!”

Reply Delete Edit
    message Posted By
    Posted Jul 14,2006 2:45 PM william gale
    Please answer the question.I did not tell you what to do on your site. But you shouldn’t move information because it suits you.

OmniShare
    Participant

Gentlemen, gentlemen. Please don’t get so personal. Let’s be big, responsible people and share imnportant information.
    Let me start by saying that Scott has created a wonderful web site and discussion boards that portray CR in such a positive light. I am grateful to “keep up” with things in CR by watching this site and board.
    Second, I’ve had personal dealings with Bill Gale and his sales organization. I’ve been to three of Paragon’s properties. I’ve seen the roads, I’ve seen the lot stakes, and I’ve seen the drawings. I’ve dealt with Paragon in a bad situation (an investment I intended to make with them was invalidated by a business deal gone sour on my end). I ended up giving Paragon a bad check (inadvertently), and when I explained the failure to cover the check because others failed to keep their end of my bargain, Bill was kind enough and a man of his word enough to deal fairly and compassionately with my situation. I can say unequivocably that dealing with Bill and Paragon was a satisfying and pleasing experience. I would invest with him in a minute because I believe he is a man of his word and his company reputable. So, I think Bill is getting a bad rap on this board, based on my own personal experience with him, and I believe his properties will be completed to the complete satisfaction of his buyers.
    That’s one man’s opinion.
    Fred

Andrew
    Keymaster

Theses posts placed again in the wrong place and reposted here by Scott

message Posted By Posted
    Scott …my posts are being moved Why william gale 9:24 PM Jul 14,2006
    new These posts you have moved are entirely different subjects. . . . william gale 9:24 PM Jul 14,2006
    new By the way Scott they tried something like this back in the . . . william gale 9:28 PM Jul 14,2006
    new You have not been able to prove anything that you have been . . . Scott 6:34 AM Jul 15,2006

message Posted By
    Posted Jul 14,2006 9:24 PM william gale
    These posts you have moved are entirely different subjects. You don’t like the content so you move them.Who are you anyway. Just because they are from me they do not all involve my company. Just answer the questions I’ve asked as I have responded to all those posed to me. It might be important to note that some of the information invloves sensitive business information and no one is entited to that. Here is an example : Scott tell us how much you are paid to write favorable article. What was your income last year. Just because they are asked doesn’t entitle me to an answer. Some of readers mistake questions for trade or business secrets . Maybe can can ask Coca Cola for it’s formula and really expect an answer

William Gale

Edited on Jul 14, 2006 21:24

Reply Delete Edit
    message Posted By
    Posted Jul 14,2006 9:28 PM william gale
    By the way Scott they tried something like this back in the forties in Germany it didn’t work then either. Don’t you attempt to threaten me with expulsion from your site. I hope you do that would prove to everyone that what I have been saying is true.

Reply Delete Edit
    message Posted By
    Posted Jul 15,2006 6:34 AM Scott
    You have not been able to prove anything that you have been saying Mr. Gale and you are becoming quite tedious

I know this is obviously difficult for you to understand but your posts are being moved to the Paragon thread, you will not be allowed to continue posting dozens of new threads about the same topic.

This will also be moved and this will then be deleted…

Scott Oliver

beachbuckeye

I’ve been to Leheigh Acres just today. I saw the stakes and I saw the roads, many of them with trailers and shacks on them. If the development in Costa Rica is at all similar it will be a blight upon that beautiful country.

Andrew
    Keymaster

This posted in the wrong place and reposted here by moderator

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Posted Jul 24,2006 2:29 PM orkinf
    from someone who has actually been to any of Bills developments in Costa Rica. That one person seemed impressed, and seemed very satisfied dealing with Bill. Most of what I hear is of the development in Florida. It sounds pretty old, and had a much different format. Like all communities, it seems to be evolving, maybe not very nicely from the sound of things. I’d prefer to consider what is being planned in Costa Rica, not what has already been done in the past in Florida. Is it possible that there are only 4 homes because the infrastructure must come first? Also a big difference between a planned community with schools, churches, shopping centers, etc, than a bunch of 1 and 2 acre lots. There is much to be considered, which is why I’ll be making a visit this week. I can tell you that something good may be going on when 20K properties are now going for 80K. I’ll post again upon my return.
    On the negative side, it does seem that this is a personal battle, and I surmise there is a history beyond this thread between Scott and Bill.
    -Frank

Reply Delete Edit
    message Posted By
    Posted Jul 24,2006 3:01 PM Maravilla
    IMHO, nothing good could be happening if there is that big a jump in pricing for any lot anywhere in Costa Rica. Sounds like more land grab mentality to me.

orkinf

I don’t know… I’ve done very well in the states buying into developments pre-infrastructure. That seems to be what may be happening here. And in fact – I looked at Los Suenos north of Jaco – that land-grab is now selling 3 BR units 2800 ft starting at 1.2 Million. Prime (or soon to be prime) land grabbing seems to work if there is no scamming involved. The development of the land is the key. If Bill is true to his word, and infrastructure goes in… My own hopes would be that stringent set of CC and R’s goes into place to make sure responsible and reasonable development takes place. Our own sitemaster Scott is selling the very same idea – looking for investors with 500K and up, because he is in on when and where some great development is going to take place. Gotta see for myself.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Paragon Properties of Costa Rica April 2010

Please see: [ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/Class_Action_Lawsuit_Filed_Against_Paragon_Properties_of_Costa_Rica_April_2010.cfm ]

Scott

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.