Playa Largarto

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Playa Largarto

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    samtheman

One thing that really chaps me is bait and switch ads.

Playa Lagarto keeps advertising in ways that is not fair.

Myself and others I know have responded to ads here and I dare anyone to find an Ocean View lot at the advertised 29k price.

One thing to be sold out another is to be sending out fresh emails advertising these lots and they are not available!

Anyone else have that experience??

Sam

costaricabill
    Participant

where is the ad? what is the name of the project?

maravilla

first you have to define ocean view. it could be miles and miles away with just a tiny, tiny glimpse of the water beyond. ocean view is vastly different than ocean front. if you are so far away from the ocean that you can’t get there easily, then it’s probably not a bait and switch. this is where people get screwed. they they one thing is something else. and if it’s too good to be true, it probably isn’t.

samtheman

The project is Playa Lagarto and it is advertised on this site.

When I call the project headquarters, which is in Canada–they tell me they do not have any ocean view lots!

So it does not matter how much of a view–they advertise they have ocean view lots for 29k (25k earlier) and when contacted they say they don’t–that is the definition of bait and switch.

Go ahead and get on their email list—you will continue to get this ad “ocean view lots from 29,000”–they dont exist! Well at least they dont when I call–

Below is an ad and 3 minutes after receiving it I called and lo and behold no ocean views.
    This is what makes me nervous—I will make sure to call for references from any company I decide to use in Costa Rica and when someone starts out with me this way that is not a good thing! Plus there are no services!! They tell me sometime in the future but who knows when.

Just wanted to know if anyone ran into this as I have been to that area and like it when it is not the hot season and the price looks good to me but I just dont know??

5 Ocean View Lots Remaining

Fully Title and Serviced Lots!

Ocean and Mountain View Lots in beautiful Costa Rica as low as $25,000

costaricafinca
    Participant

I really advise you or anyone else, to hold onto their money until

A. You have actually seen and stood on the lot
    B. Can see that all required utilities are already in place
    C. Preferably, they can show at least some completed homes

[b]Don’t put your funds down after seeing a fancy gate….[/b]… as there are still many other gates available all over the country.

maravilla

costaricafinca is absolutely right. you give these people your money and you have no way in hell to ever enforce what they promise you. there are so many people who did just what you are thinking of doing only to have these companies abscond with the dough, leave a blight on the landscape, and now those trusting people are plaintiffs in a class action lawsuit. this is not the way to buy property in costa rica. if you do it this way, it’s at your own peril.

camby

Noticed, in my quest for afordable CR property, that some of those sites are not maintained as well as should be…..emailed awhile back on a property I saw here and it was sold…..noticed other day its still listed as for sale, not sure though now, if re-sale, but still, many sites do not update well……[u]not [/u]knocking Scott, but meaning, some of realtors…..

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”camby”]Noticed, in my quest for afordable CR property, that some of those sites are not maintained as well as should be…..emailed awhile back on a property I saw here and it was sold…..noticed other day its still listed as for sale, not sure though now, if re-sale, but still, many sites do not update well……[u]not [/u]knocking Scott, but meaning, some of realtors…..[/quote]

I understand completely “Camby”

I try hard to keep the site updated but obviously I rely upon the Realtors to inform me if a property has sold, most of them are very good at doing just that but yes! Some do fall through the cracks….

Scott

camby

[quote=”Scott”][quote=”camby”]Noticed, in my quest for afordable CR property, that some of those sites are not maintained as well as should be…..emailed awhile back on a property I saw here and it was sold…..noticed other day its still listed as for sale, not sure though now, if re-sale, but still, many sites do not update well……[u]not [/u]knocking Scott, but meaning, some of realtors…..[/quote]

I understand completely “Camby”

I try hard to keep the site updated but obviously I rely upon the Realtors to inform me if a property has sold, most of them are very good at doing just that but yes! Some do fall through the cracks….

Scott
    [/quote]

It happens, found the same thing w/Ecuador…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.