property transfer after death

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum property transfer after death

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    2bncr

As a layman that has been here a while, and not an attorney, the most obvious one is that the corporation owns the property but does the corporation own the contents held inside the property? If not then the corporation has no legal right to sell it. Look if you have a house full of disposible stuff then go ahaed and do it any way you want. However for me its differnt and I want my child to have full access and avoid any problems so I have both a will and trust. Depends on how much skin you have in the game I guess.

Not only that but my consultant is a major source of security in this completely absurd back assward country. You will never know the heart ache and financial drain, let alone the insecuity you will face untill you have had a legal problem here and faced it head on. HAAA!

You simply cannot imagine the unprofessional attitudes, fraud and two faced self concerned legal professionals you will find.

My best advice is that you better have someone you can trust and develope a relationship with that person long before you have a problem. You do not want to be facing an urgent crisis and have to shop for an attorney, unless you want to lose hair, stomach lining and money.

Attorney like maids here, will tell you what you want to hear and act like your best friend and then they will steal from you. 95% guaranteed. Attorney and maids, you let em inside and that all she wrote. Better to have someone that undestands your culture, been there done that, and understands your expectations of service and performance. Most people are to tight or think they can understand the learning curve on their own. They are like patients who self medicate. oops, one wrong mixture of medication and they are dead! There is no substitution for experience and ever if you can figure out this tilted, puzzle, untill you have actually walked through the challenge, it can me intellectually understood but emotionally deveastating. Depends if you are smart enough to be proactive and prepair for war in times of peace. That’s how I look at my CR consultant. My war room strtegist. people who wnat to prepair a will should understand this, The frivilous will not. Try finding an army when the enemy is knocking on the door. Prepare yourself as when things go wrong here they go way wrong my friends… You will be the forigner trying to fight a forign systen written in a forign language in a forign land.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”sueandchris”]…if a primary property (house, car) are held in corporations and the ADULT heirs are named as officers of said corporations, they may then sell the properties with only their own signatures…..yes?[/quote]

My understanding is that it’s just a little more complicated than that, Sue. A Costa Rican corporation is supposed to have four named officers. Of those four, only the president and the secretary actually have the power to act in the name of the corporation. The others, for our purposes, are just slot fillers. So if you and Chris are the president and the secretary, then your children, adult or otherwise, and regardless of whether they are named officers, would NOT have the power to sell assets of the corporation.

And there’s another little twist that we encountered . . . Our original corporation papers were unclear as to whether the president and the secretary could act for the corporation [u]individually[/u] or whether they had to act [u]in unison[/u]. It’s an important distinction and one you’ll want clarified.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.