Protestant Churches and Community Groups?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Protestant Churches and Community Groups?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shilo

I have a couple more questions please:
    I see in AM-CR advertisements for Protestant Churches in San Jose how about in outlying communities?
    Next If one lives in an outlying community eg Grecia or San Ramon how do you find local groups (book clubs, community work groups), is practical to try to get involved with little to no Spanish?

maravilla

there are plenty of gringo groups that don’t require spanish in each of those towns. costa rica is primarily a catholic country — there are a few odd churches here and there in san ramon, but i have never seen a protestant church.

costaricabill
    Participant

there are non-denominational Bible-study groups that exists in many areas, even in small communities. Often, these groups can be more rewarding than attending a church service.

Newser

[quote=”shilo”]I have a couple more questions please:
    I see in AM-CR advertisements for Protestant Churches in San Jose how about in outlying communities?
    Next If one lives in an outlying community eg Grecia or San Ramon how do you find local groups (book clubs, community work groups), is practical to try to get involved with little to no Spanish?
    [/quote]

In San Ramon there is the Community Action Alliance at actionalliancecr.com for vounteering, seminars, etc., all in English. Or call Mike Styles at 8333-8750. Also click on the link on the Alliance website fo rthe social arm of the Alliance, Gringo Central San Ramon. They meet every Thursday at 10:00 for coffee at Cafe Delicias in San Ramon, usually 20-30 gringos in attendance, and do many other events, and all are welcome!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.