Question – What do you miss about the USA?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Question – What do you miss about the USA?

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Not talking about the U.S…. but the rest of the world, the only thing I can think of is REAL German Appelstrudel (my grandma and ma made THE best).

Drones…….what the hell is that ?

sunnytom

I would miss the kids, but I can always jump on a plane for a quick trip to the states.

Doug Ward

[quote=”makohan”]Bravo! Love your list; I agree all around.

Here’s a funny story though. You know how kids always HATE to take a bath and fight you and try to wheedle their way out of it, etc. etc. every single night? Well, after 3 months in Costa Rica in our rather rustic Caribbean home, all my little daughter wanted for her 9th birthday was to take a bath, imagine that. So we found a nice hotel in town equipped with a bubbly tub and she received a bath for her birthday.

[/quote]
    Bath tubs are for idiots :roll:. Install a shower.

Doug Ward

[quote=”makohan”]Bravo! Love your list; I agree all around.

Here’s a funny story though. You know how kids always HATE to take a bath and fight you and try to wheedle their way out of it, etc. etc. every single night? Well, after 3 months in Costa Rica in our rather rustic Caribbean home, all my little daughter wanted for her 9th birthday was to take a bath, imagine that. So we found a nice hotel in town equipped with a bubbly tub and she received a bath for her birthday.

[/quote]
    Bath tubs are for idiots :roll:. Install a shower.

sprite

[quote=”sweikert925″]One thing I [b]*WON’T*[/b] miss about the US when I moved to CR is turning the frigging clocks ahead or behind twice a year as we are going to have to do here again tonight.

But it does bring up a question I hadn’t thought of before. Since my computer does that change automatically based on its knowing the dates DST begin and end AND that I am in the central time zone (which CR is in also), does that mean you folks already in CR have to undo that automatic time switch? (CR doesn’t have daylight savings time for those that may not know). Or are computers even smarter than I think they are and know which countries observe DST and which one don’t?[/quote]

Switch your iPhone and computer to CR time. That should do it.

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.