Road Tolls From Guancaste To San Jose

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Road Tolls From Guancaste To San Jose

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sailor

I normally do not drive from Guancaste to San Jose, however, in this instance I must; due to a business matter.

Can anyone give me any insight in the approximate cost, in terms of toll fees, driving from Guancaste to San Jose; and return. If I understood correctly, there is a new improved, and shorter highway to San Jose.

I can tell you nothing about what you asked. But I cannot let this moment pass without chiming in on the toll roads. In Texas they are big business: if you want to drive unimpeded to Dallas, we can make it as painless as possible for a “bribe” of $20. You can drive 85 mph if you want to and we don’t care; just pay the money. I drove to Austin from my home 90 miles south last month, and to my chagrin, my highway has been replaced with a toll road. Refusing to fly in the fast lane and pay the toll, I drove the new speed limit of 50 mph on the access road all the way to the capitol.
    Even more extravigant is the fact that there are no toll booths. It has been tested by a higher (and faster ) power than me that you can drive 200+ mph on the tollway and they can still read your license plate and mail you the bill. Ain’t technology “wunnerful”!

Back to Costa Rica toll roads: I’m driving to wherever and here’s a toll both stopping me to pay 50 cents. Now that is worth stopping for. They probably want to know why I’m smiling. You see…I’m from Texas.

VictoriaLST

Tolls will run from c1500 to about c2200 depending on where you get off the road. Much better road although accidents do happen.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.