Ron Paul – Americas’s #1 Choice.

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Ron Paul – Americas’s #1 Choice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    costar

It’s great to see that people in Costa Rica agree with is here in America I support Ron Paul and work hard on his campaign – we are working hard to get back our freedom, liberty, constitution and our country

I’m starting a construction company in Costa Rica if Hillary or Rudy Giuliano or Mitt Romney win I’ll be staying in Costa Rica until the rest of the country gets off the couch and finds out they are not free but at that time they will have to fight to get it back. I’ll see you guys hopefully when I get there…

Edited from ALL CAPS to small-caps by Scott

sprite

So, let me get this right; You are may be leaving a country because it may NOT steer clear of socialized health care and education and you may move TO a country where these things are institutionalized and well loved by its citizenry. Does that make sense to you?

Libertarians sound great when talking about government’s attitude towards personal liberties and freedoms until you get to the part of social responsibilities of government.Then you find that they are ready to apply the law of the jungle.

My son is a libertarian and he and I debate politics on occasion. He has a lucrative career with Micrsoft and does quite well for himself. People who have managed to “get theirs” are many times the first ones to want to keep it all by walking away from social responsibilities and closing the borders to immigration.

upeCity

Costar,

I’m a Ron Paul Supporter as well. I agree, Dr Paul is our best hope of restoring sanity, the only statesman in the race, someone who really loves America and acts in its best interest (our best interest).

Cheers,
    rick

Andrew
    Keymaster

I’m no expert but it would appear that Ron Paul does at least have the ‘people’ in mind which is more than one can say for Obama, Edwards and Clinton who are all singing the exact same song as the current pathological administration.

Keep on doing the same thing (catastrophic foreign policy) over and over again and you’ll keep on getting the same catastrophic results over and over again. It’s not that complicated is it?

Which sadly, automatically makes me think that the ‘character assassination’ (at least) or ‘swiftboating’ of Ron Paul will probably begin real soon.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

upeCity

Sprite,
    I agree libertarians can be extreme. But, the illusion of democracy fabricated by our handlers has blinded us. Dr. Paul is our only horse in the this race. The field of horses we run against are all owned by the same. They also own the track, loud speakers and anouncers… We sit in the stands cheer, and argue who’s the best horse. This is NOT a race its a spectacle, meant to only further the illusion.

Granted, he’s not the most charismatic speaker. But, Dr. Paul’s America is country of laws handed down by our founders, visionary statesman who loved this country. Dr. Paul is a true fiscal and social conservative, for a small federal government, state rights and worked for Ronald Reagan. His own party has turned on him because he won’t fall in line with the rest of the field. So they mislabel him and question he’s patriotism.

If that makes him a libertarian. So be it, what better way to reign in corporate facist.

sprite

On my list of candidates, Ron Paul is well above most of the others but NOT at the top. He most definitely IS a libertarian but we could easily survive 4 years of him in the office.
    Not much would change because “our handlers” still hold the reigns as they always have. But we are just fantasizing here anyway. THEY are not going to let anyone but the already anointed take the office.

I vote out of a sense of frustration, not because I believe in this system or the people of this country any longer. I will vote for Nader if he runs again. The only democrat I would vote for is Kucinich. In fact, I am looking forward to being in CR full time so I can easily turn off the switch that plugs me into the ever saddening story of the U.S. of A.

rebaragon

I worked for an org founded by Ralph Nader, NJPIRG, back in the 80s and I grew to have a lot of respect for that man; unfortunately, we have an electoral system in place that barely allows for dissension and on a federal level, the president has only been and mostly likely come from (until some changes are made) the 2 major parties at play. The money & marketing required for any presidential hopeful is massive and we don’t have to beat a dead horse on the head by restating that big business backs up the big gov’t guns in the US, getting a third party president although not impossible is highly improbable, at least for now, but it may at least be enough to inform the American people about other options and get some changes on the Congressional level. I’m not that sure of Mr. Paul’s US border ideology, not because I can’t read his website, but because issues like this are often diluted in a campaign and the real feelings and details only surface after the election dust has settled. I certainly understand Sprite’s frustration, especially after the last two elections…

sprite

I like to deal in probabilities, not so much in possibilities. It is PROBABLE that I will make money buying stocks intelligently while it is only POSSIBLE to make money buying lottery tickets. It is much more probable that I will only throw a few bucks away on lotto tickets so I don’t count on that. Same with the future of my country. It is pretty much toast now. It is possible things will turn around, but not probable. It is better for me to focus energies on other things besides useless efforts here….I look forward to a quiet life in Costa Rica where I can watch from the sidelines as the great three ring circus up north plays itself out.

upeCity

Agreed, Save us a good spot upfront, out of the splash zone. I don’t want to get any neo-con on me..

jstarck

Hey, do you mean out the splash zone, or in a “free speech zone?” 🙂

I still shudder when I think about those “free speech zones” around the republican natl convention. That was disgusting. Our entire nation is supposed to be a free speech zone.

The US is in a desperate fight for its existence as a free society. I just hope and pray that someone like Ron Paul does win (yes I know it’s a longshot) or you know darn well we’re going to be bombing the heck out of Iran and who knows how many more countries. In just a few generations, we’ve gone from one of the most loved, to the most hated nation on earth. Even the Russians are pointing at us saying that we’re a threat to global security. Sadly, they’re right. It’s no wonder they (Russia) are putting new ICBMs into the ground every month and rolling out new nuclear subs as fast as they can. They’re probably assuming that we’re coming after them at some point.

Let’s all remember one thing: Hillary, Rudy, Thompson, Romney, Obama = Council on Foreign Relations members. The only candidate who isn’t is Ron Paul. I’m not saying the guy is perfect, but he does uphold and defend the US Constitution, which all in Congress are sworn to do. He thinks we should bring ALL of our troops home and stay out of other people’s business. What a concept!

http://www.constitutionparty.com

upeCity

Well said js, Where is Thomas Jefferson when you need… Who in our political machine is selfless enough to put the American people’s future above global corporate interest and central bank thugs…

200 Plus years ago Jefferson Wrote:
    The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered.

Could Ron Paul be our generations Jefferson… Will we be too busy discerning left from right, liberal from conservative to see the real enemy. I hope not… Or we all may need to ask pemission before we speak or go to the bathroom…

I’m seeing more and more Ron Paul banners, maybe there is hope.

Roark

Jefferson would have went to war with Iraq. So don’t compare the two. And as things are dramatically improving in Iraq, Rudy or Mitt will be the next president. It will be to bad for all of you who hate the current administration.

sprite

It is silly to suppose what Jefferson, who lived over 2 centuries ago, might have done today. It is equally silly to want to stay tied to the words of a Constitution written over 200 years ago. The only part of the Constitution that remains pertinent is the part that gives us leave to change the government and the constitution when we see fit.

Some wisdom from the past, NOT ALL, is relative to the present. People who revere all the crusty old ancient words and superstitions and want to hold the world back will always be with us just as fear will always be their motive.

I wouldn’t vote for a Libertarian out of fear that we might get more republican or democratic shenanigans. I vote out of frustration but at least I vote for a progressive solution.

upeCity

roark, By Jefferson you must mean Mr. Jefferson, Weezy’s Hubby… Not Thomas Jefferson.

I abhor war and view it as the greatest scourge of mankind.
    Thomas Jefferson

The spirit of this country is totally adverse to a large military force.
    Thomas Jefferson

We did not raise armies for glory or for conquest.
    Thomas Jefferson

War is an instrument entirely inefficient toward redressing wrong; and multiplies, instead of indemnifying losses.
    Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.
    Thomas Jefferson

If Fox News says the war is going well it must be true (NOT). You might want to visit a VA hospital for some real “fair and balanced reporting” ….

upeCity

Sprite ???, You say, “silly to want to stay tied to the words of a Constitution written over 200 years ago”…

What next after we trash the bill of rights, the Ten Commandments? Yikes, sounds like you might have gone past liberterian to anarchist? Yet you won’t vote for a libertarian? I must have misunderstood you… (spanish is my first language)

Where is the Sprite that wrote, “The only democrat I would vote for is Kucinich”, I like her better…
    🙂

ps.
    How many libertarians, do you know that worked for the Reagan administration.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.