Status of refund from Paragon Properties

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Status of refund from Paragon Properties

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    simondg

This contract doesn’t specify when the funds have to be returned to the buyer after viewing if he/she wishes to cancel.

If the Paragon contract says the same I can see why people are having to wait to get funds back. If someone could confirm if the contract is the same it would be helpful.

Chefp79

Add another to the list. I complied with all the requirements for reimbursment, visiting property within 6 months, writing a request for refund letter (within 10 days), spoke to Lyle and was told that the refund was refused because I signed a evaluation on the site visitation. My attorney has contacted the BBB, Attorney General office , their attorney Charles Neustein, and Lyle Wexler. We have heard from the Attorney General and expect to do a phone interview in the near future. I plan on phoning the BBB in the next day or so. I will also let this site know of the progress I make. If anyone has Bill Gates phone number, please let me know so I can express how un-professional his company is.. Thanks, Chefp79

Ed59

I would like to get in touch with anyone interested in suing Paragon. I would think we would have a fair chance of recovering attorneys’ fees and getting punitive damages.

simondg

If you take the traditional route it will take up to five years to complete your case. You could opt for arbitration and this will take a little under two years if all goes well.

Ed59

Thanks for your response. On what do you base your opinion that “the traditional route … will take up to five years”? And what is there to submit to arbitration, they don’t deny that they owe me a refund?

Ed59

Great post. Are you suing and claiming punitive damages?

simondg

Five years is a standard period here for trials. Arbitration circumvents some of the processes of a trial and you will be in front of the “panel” within 12-18 months with an answer within a few months thereafter. My lawyers used this method successfully, it may not apply in your case. I suggest you consult with legal counsel.

Ed59

Chefp79: Can you contact me if I give you an email address? You can reach me at scottej14@gmail.com

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.