Thought of moving to Costa Rica..

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Thought of moving to Costa Rica..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mpgyacht

After one trip I thought about moving to CR and on my second trip I bought some very nice but at the time overpriced property. My plan was to build a home on it and live in CR 3 months out of the year and then rent it the rest. I have since decided to sell the land and just come to Costa Rica and rent vacation homes for two weeks at a time and in different regions. I realized I could not handle living in Costa Rica full time. Is it common for this to happen?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

No.

costaricafinca
    Participant

While it may not be common, you are wise not to continue to build if you are not sure that you wish to be here, full time.
    You are not the first, nor will you be the last with ‘[i]buyers remorse…'[/i]
    Hope you call sell your property.

mpgyacht

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]No.[/quote] what do you do sit around all day and wait for someone to post something to then write “No” Great contribution.

edlreed

[quote=”mpgyacht”][quote=”DavidCMurray”]No.[/quote] what do you do sit around all day and wait for someone to post something to then write “No” Great contribution.[/quote]
    You have a problem with succinct and appropriate answers? Thank you David for your many contributions to this site.

mpgyacht

[quote=”edlreed”][quote=”mpgyacht”][quote=”DavidCMurray”]No.[/quote] what do you do sit around all day and wait for someone to post something to then write “No” Great contribution.[/quote]
    You have a problem with succinct and appropriate answers? Thank you David for your many contributions to this site.[/quote] Who are you his bodyguard? I would have thought that with his experience he would have elaborated more on his observations.

sandymae

I don’t know how common it is but its surely a wise decision. After “falling in love” and purchasing a timeshare in Florida, we wondered what toxic drink we swallowed to make such a costly decision. Heck, our home here in Costa Rica is a timeshare. Only we don’t have to share it with anyone and we live it in full time. We all suffer from “love at first sight” but realizing that you can come and visit from time to time and don’t have to worry about renters and upkeep is a wonderful way to vacation and get to know the various regions of the country. Congratulations on being bold enough to change your mind.

maravilla

it might not be common, but just in my little community of 14 houses, we have had 3 people run back to the states whining about what an awful place Costa Rica was to live. Thankfully, two of the three were able to sell their houses; the other person was a renter. In the 5 and a half years I have lived here, I’ve seen dozens of people flee, but then they were ill-equipped to live in a Latin country and should’ve never come here. the biggest problems seem to be with adapting to a foreign culture, especially a latin culture and the ways in which this are accomplished or not. then there are the bugs, which some people loathe, the not so easy access to their favorite junk foods, the fear of crime or having been a victim of crime, and the biggest problem of all . . . the language barrier! this is not a place for everyone. it will definitely test your mettle, and the llarones usually leave pretty quickly because it doesn’t take long for one to figure out if you can survive or not and still keep your sanity.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”mpgyacht”][quote=”DavidCMurray”]No.[/quote] what do you do sit around all day and wait for someone to post something to then write “No” . . . [/quote]

Nope.

edlreed

[quote=”mpgyacht”][quote=”edlreed”][quote=”mpgyacht”][quote=”DavidCMurray”]No.[/quote] what do you do sit around all day and wait for someone to post something to then write “No” Great contribution.[/quote]
    You have a problem with succinct and appropriate answers? Thank you David for your many contributions to this site.[/quote] Who are you his bodyguard? I would have thought that with his experience he would have elaborated more on his observations.[/quote]
    You. thought. = oxymoron
    See, succinct and appropriate.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.