Ticos and bread by the loaf ?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Ticos and bread by the loaf ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Versatile

Awhile back i spent time in Heredia and every morning i went to the Panderia. I enjoy morning coffee and noticed so many long narrow loaves of bread being sold. My question is. How is this consumed? By piece with olive oil, sandwich, or just bread eaten with a meal?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Some of it, at least, is eaten by the slice with [i]natilla[/i] (cream cheese).

costaricafinca
    Participant

David, I would say that [i]natilla[/i] is more like sour cream. But add a little bit of sugar, and it tastes just like ‘clotted cream’ popular in the UK.

costaricabill
    Participant

“Natilla” is “sour cream” and either you guys need to stop writing about it or I need to stop reading about late at night! Discovering that I had no “loaf” of fresh bread, I had to resort to finding the keys to the bodega, digging through the freezer to find the English Muffins, popping one into the toaster and enjoying a late night snack. After toasting the muffin, I sampled one side with “natilla” and the other with “queso crema” – equally enjoyable!

Now, two fingers of scotch, my nightly portion of medications, and a longer walk in the morning!

I already know what you health nuts are going to tell me, so don’t bother. I’m enjoying my life, and we have 5 of our young grandkids (2, 4, 7, 8 & 12) visiting for a month, so I am re-portioning the scotch to 3 fingers! Eat your granola and leave me alone – as far as the grand kids are concerned we are great, Samara is great, and Costa Rica is great, and they enjoy being here with us.

Tomorrow morning, I’ll buy a fresh loaf of bread at the panaderia and share with them.

Viva Bien Este Vida!

DavidCMurray
    Participant

” . . . 2, 4, 7, 8, & 12 . . .”, eh? I think the recommended daily dosage of scotch is one finger per grandchild, Bill.

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]” . . . 2, 4, 7, 8, & 12 . . .”, eh? I think the recommended daily dosage of scotch is one finger per grandchild, Bill.[/quote]

Thank you, Doctor. I agree – and if that doesn’t help perhaps you could re-issue my perscription and include multiplication…… 2x4x7x8x12

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Hmmm . . . 2x4x7x8x12 = 5,376/30 = 179.2 fingers of scotch a day. For me, that would be about right. For my liver, I’m not so sure.

wspeed1195

Better than anyThing,was going to musmanis or another fresh bread spot and getting A warm loaf.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.