To find the Harvard Doctor in Grecia

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum To find the Harvard Doctor in Grecia

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    scara

Back in 2005 lair davis wrote an article for this website about a trip to the caja and in it he mentions a harvard doc charging 18 bucks a visit.. Anywho KNOW who this doctor is? He’s not mentioned in the article and lairs e mail addy is no LONGER valid..

DavidCMurray
    Participant

I’m confident that this is not whom you’re looking for, but there is a very competent general practicioner, Dr. Jimenez, in Grecia at 2-444-0334. His office is across the street and uphill from the Pali Store and above the clinical laboratory owned by his father and of the same name.

Generally, you don’t need an appointment. If you walk in and knock, he’ll know you’re there.

Dr. Jimenez speaks perfect English and he is very attentive. Last year, my wife and I both had bronchitis. He prescribed some meds and said to return in three days if we were not better. Marcia was not, so we went back. He then prescribed an antibiotic for her. As we were leaving, we asked what we owed him. “Nothing”, was the reply, “I didn’t cure you the first time.” Ya can’t beat that!

scara

david, are you saying that from the first visit YOU got better, and by the second trip your wife did too, and he didn’t charge you for the second visit? and what was his fee?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Sorry for the confusion.

After the first visit and round of meds, I was pretty much cured but Marcia was not. So we went back. He re-examined her and prescribed an antibiotic which did the trick. And yes, he did not charge Marcia for the second visit.

The first visit was a “new patient” exam. Seems like it was about c15,000 each. I think I recall that subsequent office visits were c10,000, but please remember that I’m recounting an anecdote that’s eighteen months old.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.