Trevor Chilton’s article on Concasa

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Trevor Chilton’s article on Concasa

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    drummerdaveb

Here is his article:
    http://www.gardensofdreamscostarica.com/articles/9-ConstructionforDummies.pdf

Wow Scott, he really doesnt like you.

This question I guess is directed more toward Scott, but (and I say this realizing the author of the story is probably not to be trusted), I was particularly . . . disappointed by the quality of finish work shown in the pictures he had of the Concasa project.

From what you have seen, is that indicative of the project overall?
    Openings in the windows, tile not installed well/completely, some other quality of materials issues. . . . ?

*Lotus

There is a saying “you get what you pay for”. Personaly I was expecting some really horrible work by the tone of the introduction of his article. I was surprised the defects that he points out were really not that big of a deal, the asthetics are quite ugly that you can not change.. Even here in the states I am often amazed at some of the workmanship issues I see even in the higher end projects. Most of these defects could easily be remedied on final inspection before closeing. I think Trevor should just keep quiet and build his project and let it speak for itself, I have never seen this kind of venomous attack against the “competition” to the extent that he goes…and ground is not even broken. He’s got to be making a lot of enemies in the land of pura vida…lol!

Andrew
    Keymaster

This subject has also been discussed at

It’s actually quite an amusing article, I love the part where Mr. Chilton states that “I do not really care much what Mr. Scott Oliver says or thinks.”

This is somewhat difficult to believe after reading the T-W-E-N-T-Y N-I-N-E pages of personally insulting and abusive comments about one buyer’s (unsolicited) article (a VIP Member of this site) who has purchased two condos in a competing development, about me, insinuations of wrong doings on behalf of one major developer and blatantly slanderous accusations against another major developer.

Mr. Chilton would be wise to remember that slander is a criminal offence in Costa Rica and not a civil one and, the two substantial developers he is writing about were aware of his article before I was.

I believe that in trying to differentiate his real estate product, Mr. Chilton could have done so in much less space, been more effective and not turned his audience off in the process.

But at the end of the day, his article says more about his explosive personality and this is already damaging his sales. I know this because people that he has sent ‘explosive’ emails to have in turn emailed them to me.

Mr. Chilton has learned a lot about real estate in Costa Rica for someone who’s never actually built anything here before.

All his ‘projections’ are just that – ‘projections’ and if he is wrong with any of his estimates, or if construction costs are more than he anticipates, which happens frequently with experienced developers never mind first timers, then his entire concept of “quality living with cash flow” or a “healthy investment return” will disappear.

I wish he and his investors success, I think there is room for his product however, from a marketing perspective, tearing down another’s product does not enhance one’s own.

Scott Oliver
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

maravilla

WOW! That was a pretty vituperative rant Trevor went on. I know him, and I have to say I’m a bit shocked at how venomous his attacks were. I do think that the Concasa project looks a bit like a prison, or a project in the Bronx, but 27 pages of spittle????? Whew. It wore me out to read it!

Cinfel

There is now a rebuttal by Trevor to Lotus’s statement on this discussion in the newsletter section of the http://www.gardensofdreamscostarica.com if anyone is interested.

*Lotus

Wow i’m honored! lol…All the spread sheets in the world won’t fill hotel rooms and when others have “speculated” as Trevor is doing he got his panties in quite a twist!! I am bright enough to know of course this is just an opinion, but I qualify it based on a 14 year succesful career in real estate in New York and numerous trips over the last five years to the Central Pacific. I am also in the process of building a home there. I am not “attacking” his project, but the whole point of forums like this is to express our opinions, and Trevor not only expresses his, he venomously has gone after some of the others building in the area, these builders have not attacked him. In the past he was quite a frequent poster on this site, chimeing in on all sorts of things with his qualification being that he is living here. I truly wish the project and it’s buyers well, but even Trevors childish and malicious attacks won’t change my mind about his advertising claims about rental income, like I said I have spent quite a bit of time down there and there are plenty of fine hotels to stay in or even better you can stay in a lovely place on the beach in Playa Hermosa http://www.casapuravida.com for about $60 bucks a night with a pool and ocean view as well as a full kitchen. And by the way i’m not a woman, why he would assume that I don’t know…?I’m sure he’ll have a cheeky remark for that Lol..

debbiesurfs

Good grief! This guy really is a wacko! He just goes on and on and on and on and now I am genuinely suspicious

For someone who has never built anything before, his arrogance in saying that even “the entire hotel industry has not really caught onto this reality at all yet” is amazing. He thinks that there all dummies and he knows better?

And his “sizeable marketing system” is “a 10’x33′ highway billboard?”

That is sweet and Im sure nobody ever thought of putting up a billboard before either but most people book their accommodations before arriving in Costa Rica never mind driving to Jaco don’t they?

My boyfriends college buddy met the architect on this project and told me that he prefers red wine much more than architecture which didn’t make him too confident and that’s why I started digging abit deeper

And he asks “how smart it is to alienate…” people in the potential market and calls lotus “ignorant”. I would have thought that calling people “ignorant” that are discussing his soon to be development would be a really fast way to “alienate” anybody wouldn’t you?

But did any of you notice that he did not answer my question which was?

===============================
    “My boyfreind and I are doing our homework and want to know, does anybody know if the Trevor Chilton of the Gardens of Dreams project http://www.gardensofdreamscostarica.com in Jaco is the same Trevor Edward Chilton that has the “enforcement order” against him with the Saskatchewan securities division? http://ftp.sfsc.gov.sk.ca/ssc/enforcementorders.shtml

I am not investing one dollar (Candian or US) until I know.”
    ===============================

Maybe after Chilton answers this one he should spend more time developing and less time insulting everyone

bradbard

Dunno how unique his project is, my wife told me that he’s just copying the “Gardens” project of another Canadian that he knows in Santa Ana which is also on this site https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/589.cfm

Powermac

This is precisely the same Trevor Edward Chilton in that order. And if you dig deeper you will find more on his spousal abuse charges also amongst others.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.