Truck Traffic San Ramon to Puntarenas

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Truck Traffic San Ramon to Puntarenas

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    speedo5

Does anyone have any knowledge of a reduction in container traffic on the San Ramon to Puntarenas highway since the opening of the Caldera toll road? Our place is nearby and we are hoping that it would be substancial.

jdocop

post removed due to risk of offending forum members.

tpb

[quote=”jdocop”]Having traveled the new highway twice now, I’d say that I doubt very seriously if truck traffic on the old highway is changed at all. I did not see many trucks or buses on the new route, and really don’t expect to, since it is, after all, a toll road.[/quote]

Actually, there is much less traffic. I would guess 40 to 50% less. With that said, Santa Semana will be the true test.

maravilla

we just went to puntarenas a week ago and there seemed to be a lot less traffic going down the hill, but coming back a few hours later, there were still a lot of 18 wheelers. we stopped at the Iguana Tranquilla and even they said that the traffic is reduced, but not by much.

Jmateosky

I have been “up and down” the road several times since the new road opened. Yes there is much less traffic, yes there is much less container traffic as the containers are in caldera which is on the new road.

The Issue is the International truck traffic pananma to Nicaragua has not changed. Ticos and road signs do not seem to mix. Coming from Nicaragua there is no sign advising of the new raod nor have I seen and coming the other way.

Why is this? My guess it is your typical governmental oversight. I am not sure hoe to effect change here but a few signs would sure be nice. Scott this might be interesting talking to the head of MOPT?

Jim

bobandingrid

We live near Esparza and travelled the road to San Ramon on a regular basis. for 3 years now. On an overall basis we would be hard pressed to see much of a traffic reduction but sense there has been some, as the trip is faster on some days. Before it was always 1 hour or longer. Now we have made it in 40 minutes occasionally. After all it is 30 Km up the side of a mountain range.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.