Trying to pay property taxes through BN

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Trying to pay property taxes through BN

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    DavidCMurray
    Participant

In Grecia, at least, municipal taxes must be paid at the Municipalidad. The annual corporation tax must be paid at Banco de Costa Rica.

waggoner41

[quote=”costaricabill”]Does anyone know if you can pay the municipal taxes in person at BNCR or BCR?[/quote]

There is a BCR teller in the Municipalidad Mora and I pay there but I assume that you can pay at any BCR. I also paid the corporate tax at the Municipalidad

costaricabill
    Participant

I was in Nicoya the other day, so I stopped into the Municipalidad and 5 minutes later the local tax was paid! Same amount as last 4 years.

srigsby

[quote=”costaricabill”]I was in Nicoya the other day, so I stopped into the Municipalidad and 5 minutes later the local tax was paid! Same amount as last 4 years.[/quote]
    Good info. Last year I paid attorney a fairly nice sum to handle these transactions.

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”srigsby”][quote=”costaricabill”]I was in Nicoya the other day, so I stopped into the Municipalidad and 5 minutes later the local tax was paid! Same amount as last 4 years.[/quote]
    Good info. Last year I paid attorney a fairly nice sum to handle these transactions.[/quote]

I have done it each of the years I have lived here, but I was asking earlier about paying at the bank locally so I didn’t have to go to the Municipalidad. Then, I determined I needed to go to Nicoya anyway, so a friend went with me and we each took our tax receipts from last year and a copy of our Catastro. In & out, no problem except for being a healthy sum lighter in the wallet.

My friend also owns a lot in the Canton of Hojancha, so we drove over there and he paid that as well. A little different process there – you take your past year’s receipt or Catastro to the Muni office, they write down the amount of your tax on a small piece of paper that has their account info pre-printed on it, you walk across the park to the BNCR, make the payment (deposit), take the receipt back across the park to the Muni and they stamp it, and you’re done!

Duh – in the process of writing this did I just answer my original question about being able to pay at the local BNCR???

juliab

Each municipality is different. If you do online banking with BN, you can pay your PROPERTY taxes online (in most municipaities, just choose the right one from the map or drop-down list. For example, if you have a pr-ty in Jaco, that will be Garabito muni in Puntarenas).
    You even have an option to make a partial payment now.
    You’ll need to know the id of your SA (or your personal if the property is under your personal name). Don’t forget to print the receipt in case they “don’t receive the money”.

For the corporation taxes you have no choice, but to go to BCR or ask your lawyer do that for you. There is a form to be filled as well before you pay the tax.

Hope that helps!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.