What Is Your #1 Concern About Living In Costa Rica?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum What Is Your #1 Concern About Living In Costa Rica?

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    costaricafinca
    Participant

Applying for residency under the [i]Inversionista[/i] status seems to be very difficult. And while trying to do it with a reforestation project is even [i]less likely[/i] to be successful.

kevin.smith

[quote=”deborahadams1″][quote=”mbuhler”]I used to think that my biggest concerns about living in Costa Rica were concerns about theft, about being able to learn the language, and about whether my wife would be able to find enough true friends to replace her circle of very close friends back home. Whatever my #1 concern was, however, it has instantly been supplanted with “46 US warships & 7,000 US Marines on route to Costa Rica”. I cannot think of much else that would more quickly and completely turn me off to my dream of retiring in Costa Rica than for the country to lose its heritage of peace and independence and be ruined by the influence and presence of the U.S. military. OK, OK, the Chinese or Russian military would be a quicker and more complete turn off! If the country doesn’t desperately need the U.S. military, their presence is a big concern. If the country does desperately need them, then I guess I need to rethink whether I really want to be in the country.

I agree with you I have been planning on moving to Costa Rica for about 2 years and now that there are 46 US warships, 200 helicopters and 7,000 US Marines this really concerns me. Why are they REALLY there? I have heard things from defense against Venezuela to building military bases, fighting drugs ect. I think it’s all plans of the NWO![/quote]
    War on Drugs?
    Most of these measures have been justified on the grounds of combating drug trafficking, including the military buildup in Costa Rica. However, they have not curtailed this problem at all. Such U.S. military buildups have generally been accompanied by an increase in drug trafficking, as has happened in both Columbia and Afghanistan. Based on this record it can only be concluded that the “War on Drugs” rationale is a red herring for public relations consumption, not the actual motivation.The u.s. is playing with the possibility of erupting a continental conflict for the sake of corporate profits.

maravilla

we must be reading the same sources. what is all of this going to mean for us Expats who have invested heavily in costa rica? we supported the coup in honduras last year; what’s down the pipeline? elections in nicaragua next year; mess in honduras still, cesar is still pissing off the U.S., geez — one of the reasons i moved here was because there was no military. what a dummy i am!

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=20171

kevin.smith

[quote=”maravilla”]we must be reading the same sources. what is all of this going to mean for us Expats who have invested heavily in costa rica? we supported the coup in honduras last year; what’s down the pipeline? elections in nicaragua next year; mess in honduras still, cesar is still pissing off the U.S., geez — one of the reasons i moved here was because there was no military. what a dummy i am!

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=20171%5B/quote%5DAgreed. Most who leave amerika are reading the same sites:? and have the same outlook on the empire.Costa Rica’s lack of a military culture has been enshrined, and is part and parcel of their overall happiness. Forty-six warships, 200 helicopters, and 7000 troops being sent to patrol the coastal waters of Costa Rica sends the world a false message that Costa Rica is in some way needy of this massive loan of the American military. Furthermore, the entire region is moving away from neoliberalism, and toward solidarity, in an attempt to build a sovereign Latin America.
    I guess I’ll look elsewhere,but where else have the tentacles of Rome A.D. not touched?

maravilla

i just don’t want to hear anymore uninformed expats saying this is about drug interception. there is something big on the horizon and most of the people i meet are completely ignorant of any or all of it. ugh

kevin.smith

[quote=”maravilla”]i just don’t want to hear anymore uninformed expats saying this is about drug interception. there is something big on the horizon and most of the people i meet are completely ignorant of any or all of it. ugh[/quote]Yep, been coming down there for 16 years and slowly building my way to retirement in CR,first and foremost reason was, freedom from empire and the crumbling society of amerika and the sociopaths in our gummint.I’ve never felt safer than in CR,but now I dont know,hopefully the citizens of the fine country of CR will recognize this threat to their sovereignty and rise against this invasion,I pray they do not abandon their dedication to peace. Amerika is the last thing CR wants to be!I’m more than certain the US buildup is for Nicaragua’s bold argument against zionism!

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.