Why EX PATS have a right to care about what is going on at home.

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Why EX PATS have a right to care about what is going on at home.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    maravilla

there are already plenty of people here in paradise who should’ve stayed where they were. and the worse things get “up there” the more those “types” will come here to escape, except that there is no such thing. at least food is cheap here so hopefully we won’t have an Arab Sping-type uprising which started in Tunisia with the fruit vendor who immolated himself. hunkering down in costa rica will be a lot cheaper and easier than in many other places in the world. but you’d have to have a survival mentality to do that and most people haven’t a clue. vamos a ver.

sprite

People make a paradise or hell out of their environments. This is why I disparage the appearance of more gated communities in Costa Rica.

There are clear examples of places on the planet where societies with an even distribution of wealth are more peaceful and prosperous than those places where great differences in wealth distribution exist.

Gated communities are a symptom of the sick socio-economic system which is destroying the world. This system creates disparity in wealth by concentrating wealth into fewer hands and that disparity separates people from one another with greed and fear.

The United States ranks 4th in income inequality. And I don’t want to see Costa Rica invaded by too many of my moneyed countrymen wishing to build palacial homes, golf courses and marinas for their pleasures.. That kind of immigration will hasten the destruction of paradise.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/23/10-countries-with-worst-income-inequality_n_865869.html#s278244&title=1_Chile

aguirrewar

You are to LATE the invasion started in 2006 with the real estate bubble in the USA

Guanacaste had more cattle than people in 1980, GUESS what!! that ratio is changing drastically

Limon was unheard of in 1980 and so was Puntarenas, not anymore

San Jose was the center of CR back in the 1980’s, the central valley commanded the authority of the country

El Golfo de Nicoya was at the outskirts of any imanigable CR citizen

Back in the 1980’s I could cross el Cerro de la Muerte during the daytime ONLY and Villa Nelly was a dust town

You had to see and live in CR in the 1980’s, it was a simple life with the exchange rate of $1 to 7 colones

the Juan Santamaria airport was as simple as rice and beans, now it is like steack and lobsters

look on your ride from the airport to San Jose to your right and left and see the differences in the economy, hint (houses)

AND what have you all EX-PATS done??

Autopista del SOL

WalMart stores

$400,000 to $4,000,000 homes

Pepe Figueres is still having a heart attack in his grave

maravilla

every place i ever lived outside of the US was destroyed by gringos and their rape and pillage, build bigger mentality. in the mid-80s when i was spending a lot of time in the yucatan i could’ve bought a condo on the beach for $20,000, in an area that now boasts million-dollar mansions. same thing happened in Baja where i still have property — the gringos came, they saw, they destroyed, then they left when the crime got so bad you had to go to the grocery store with armed body guards, and they left the economy upside down for everyone else who remains. i see the same thing happening in costa rica, too. by gringo standards my house is modest — esp compared to the area in colorado where i came from where they are building 12,000 – 20,000 sq ft houses like they are going out of style. but to the averaqe campesino my house is quite grand, but nothing compared to what is being built behind the gates in those luxury communities. the gradual shift from a laid-back latin country to a clone of the US is troubling to be sure. a lot of the gringos i know came because it was cheaper to live here than wherever it was they came from, but then they put into motion the desire to have all the amenities they had back home. so where are we really living right now? certainly not the country i chose in 2005 and with each passing year it is more and more gringoized so that in another 5 or 10 years we might as well be living on a border town in texas or arizona!

sprite

I came and got some property in 2006, only a little over 5 years ago. And I see a lot of change already. Not so much around the farming community where my property is located but if this continues, it will be there soon.

Hopefully, most of the money will want to locate in Guanacaste or along the Pacific coast. Money likes walls, gates, beaches, marinas and places where air conditioning is required. But even modest money is settling in the mountains.

This is not good. I intended to simplify my life style and integrate with the indigenous population. Later I realized a lot of expats have a different idea about living in CR. They wanted to transplant the north american lifestyle to CR or make a vacation home. To do that, they have to make gated communities to separate their lifestyle from the local one. I know were this story is going. I have seen it elsewhere.

Disparate wealth and gated communities are a form of violence against the rest of the world. Nature being the great equalizer that it is, a balance will come eventually. But it won’t be pretty as it happens.

aguirrewar

My house in CR is SMACK down in San Jose, 200 meters from Parque de La Paz, 4 kilometers from the center of San Jose and you can walk to the center of SJ and the house is 900 sq. feet

My other house in Florida is 3,000 sq. feet but I enjoy the house in CR more than the one in FL

is there crime?? YES, big time but we live in a semi gated community, you go in one way and leave the same way

the only GRINGO in this community is ME!!!! but we have a strong neighborhood alliance

out of 28 houses all and everyone knows each other be that the pets, children, cars, husbands and wifes

one thing that is funny to a point is that the owner of the “U” shaped housing project where I have my house has more fire arms than the NRA and is not afraid to discharge them at 1:00 AM in the morning and better than an alarm in each house, just in case someone has some ideas to come and think he will “STEAL” something

So much for the thought of a GATED community

sprite

[quote=”aguirrewar”]My house in CR is SMACK down in San Jose, 200 meters from Parque de La Paz, 4 kilometers from the center of San Jose and you can walk to the center of SJ and the house is 900 sq. feet

My other house in Florida is 3,000 sq. feet but I enjoy the house in CR more than the one in FL

is there crime?? YES, big time but we live in a semi gated community, you go in one way and leave the same way

the only GRINGO in this community is ME!!!! but we have a strong neighborhood alliance

out of 28 houses all and everyone knows each other be that the pets, children, cars, husbands and wifes

one thing that is funny to a point is that the owner of the “U” shaped housing project where I have my house has more fire arms than the NRA and is not afraid to discharge them at 1:00 AM in the morning and better than an alarm in each house, just in case someone has some ideas to come and think he will “STEAL” something

So much for the thought of a GATED community[/quote]

Crime is a product of wealth inequality. Once you have that kind of environment, gates and guns show up everywhere as a symptom. The more inequality, the more gates, walls and guns. It is really a simple formula.

aguirrewar

Crime is a product of wealth inequality. Once you have that kind of environment, gates and guns show up everywhere as a symptom. The more inequality, the more gates, walls and guns. It is really a simple formula.

You are so WRONG in posting this

are all criminals POOR??

does crime only belong to the lowest level of the economic strata??

RICH people do not commit a crime?? (Bernie Maddox) and all the Ponzi schemes

Crime goes up all the way as in a ladder from the botton step all the way to the top one

Look up the Diputado from Puntarenas (Angulo) and find out how corrupt and criminal the powerfull can be or Weiner the Congressman fron the USA

I just wish I could steal money like Halliburton with a NO BID CONTRACT for billions of dollars paid by the US citizens

Come back when you have a REAL furmula to express your STUPID post

not calling you stupid but calling it a stupid post, there is a difference

MsKitty

Borrowed but so true:
    [b]”Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience”[/b][i][/i].:roll::roll::lol::lol:

sprite

[quote=”aguirrewar”]Crime is a product of wealth inequality. Once you have that kind of environment, gates and guns show up everywhere as a symptom. The more inequality, the more gates, walls and guns. It is really a simple formula.

You are so WRONG in posting this

are all criminals POOR??

does crime only belong to the lowest level of the economic strata??

RICH people do not commit a crime?? (Bernie Maddox) and all the Ponzi schemes

Crime goes up all the way as in a ladder from the botton step all the way to the top one

Look up the Diputado from Puntarenas (Angulo) and find out how corrupt and criminal the powerfull can be or Weiner the Congressman fron the USA

I just wish I could steal money like Halliburton with a NO BID CONTRACT for billions of dollars paid by the US citizens

Come back when you have a REAL furmula to express your STUPID post

not calling you stupid but calling it a stupid post, there is a difference[/quote]

Mt point is still valid. The rich commit crimes and create wealth inequities. The poor commit crimes in response to wealth inequities. Both rich and poor are responding to a sick system.

You are not letting the logic into your addled, brainwashed mind. You accept this economic system of money and designed scarcity as some kind of absolute truth and it is not. If you haven’t seen this George Carlin clip, he explains it pretty well;

MsKitty

So I see someone didn’t want [b]my[/b] Youtube post. It was a George Carlin post called “Stupid People”. It was no worse than the one above. It was humor. Go see for yourself. The point is that you don’t dare post anything about anything that doesn’t play into the moderator’s agenda. I’m sure noone is surprised.

maravilla
    MsKitty

[quote=”maravilla”]Watch this IF you dare:

http://documentarystorm.com/what-a-way-to-go-life-at-the-end-of-empire/%5B/quote%5D

No thanks.

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”MsKitty”]So I see someone didn’t want [b]my[/b] Youtube post. It was a George Carlin post called “Stupid People”. It was no worse than the one above. It was humor. Go see for yourself. The point is that you don’t dare post anything about anything that doesn’t play into the moderator’s agenda. I’m sure noone is surprised.[/quote]

My! You’re certainly full of yourself Ms. Kitty.. And please feel free to post your comments and they are YOURS because I can guarantee you that you do not speak for others in this forum.

NOBODY edited your post so if you are not competent enough to insert a YouTube video in your posting you only have yourself to blame…

What was it you were saying about “stupid people”?

And, as you can clearly see from the MAJORITY of postings I have made, the MAJORITY of our VIP Members do not agree with the “moderator’s agenda…”

So?

That’s what free speech is all about …

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”MsKitty”]So I see someone didn’t want [b]my[/b] Youtube post. It was a George Carlin post called “Stupid People”. It was no worse than the one above. It was humor. Go see for yourself. The point is that you don’t dare post anything about anything that doesn’t play into the moderator’s agenda. I’m sure noone is surprised.[/quote]

Interesting to see how Ms. Kitty’s posting mentions her website which says that:

———————————————————
    “Welcome to KProxy.com

KProxy.com is helping hundreds of thousands of people daily protecting their privacy and identity online and giving access to censored sites since 2005. KProxy.com is the most reliable and fastest free anonymous web proxy in internet.

Most free proxies don’t work with sites such as facebook, gmail, etc, but KProxy does. Https protocol is supported and downloads are allowed. Also, if a website does not seem to be working with our free proxy you can post in our forum and we’ll do our best to fix it.”
    ———————————————————-

I guess that’s why you can post your comments from Berlin, Germany and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Ms.Kitty at the same time …

So Ms. KittyLitter is just another yellow bellied “anonymous” person who doesn’t have the courage to write his or her opinions under their own name…

Adios Ms. Kitty!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.